10-Gbps Transceiver with Bus Skew and Limiting Amplifier
The BCM8152 is a fully integrated MSA-compatible multi-rate SONET/SDH/10GE/FEC transceiver operating at the OC-192/STM-64 (9.953 Gbps), 10GE (10.3125 Gbps), 10GFC (10.315 Gbps), or one of three FEC (Forward Error Correction) (10.664/10.709, 11.096, or 11.31 Gbps) data rates with serializer, deserializer, integrated clock multiplication unit (CMU), 10G clock, bus skew, limiting amplifier, data recovery circuit (CDR), and enhanced feature set. On-chip clock synthesis is performed by the high-frequency, low jitter phase-locked loop (PLL) on the BCM8152 transceiver chip allowing the use of a lowfrequency reference clock selectable to the line rate divided by either 16 or 64.
Clock recovery is performed on the device by synchronizing its on-chip voltage-controlled oscillator (VCO) directly to the incoming data stream. An on-chip phase detector and charge pump plus external VCXO implements a cleanup PLL. The cleanup PLL can be used to clean up the CDR recovered clock for loop timing applications or to clean up a noisy system clock.
- Product Brief
- 10-Gigabit MSA (Multi-Source Agreement) compatible
- Fully integrated multi-rate CDR, DEMUX, CMU, and MUX
- Provides compliance Optical Internetworking Forum (OIF), Telcordia, ITU-T, and IEEE 802.3ae standards.
- Reduces design cycle and time to market.
- Product Brief
- Add/Drop Multiplexers
- ATM Switch Backbones
- Blade Servers/ATCA
- Digital Cross Connects
- EDGE and Terabit Routers
- Multi-service platforms
- Multiple Rate SONET/SDH Transmitters
- Network Interface Cards (NICs)
- Optical and Digital Cross Connects
- Optical Modules
- SONET Test Equipment
- Transmission Equipment